JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

T know what happened with my earlier request. I entered

Customer Question

Don't know what happened with my earlier request. I entered credit card info & was "blocked" from the site. I am trying a different browser to see if it will work.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does the engine crank over?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
engine does not attempt to "turnover". As previously stated, the fuel pump engages & then goes off, but the kill relay continues to make a buzzing type noise like it is attempting to "lock in", but does not. You can feel a vibration when you lay a hand on the relay. I had the same problem with the old relay and it has continued since I replaced it with a new one.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

This sounds like you have one of the safety switches that is keeping the machine from cranking. You have the parking brake locked, both control levers in the out or neutral position, the PTO is turned off. I would have to start working my way back through those safety switches and identify which one is causing the problem. I would start with the brake switch if you have to check the switch itself, it will be the easiest to get to and you can bypass it to check it for proper operation.