JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I replaced the engine in a Craftsman Lawn Tractor with a 16

Customer Question

I replaced the engine in a Craftsman Lawn Tractor with a 16 HP B&S ENGINE (###) ###-####A1 97021011. I need to change from gravity fed fuel to a fuel pump. I've heard that there is a replacement breather assembly that has an extra port for the fuel pump vacuum (pulse). Do you know of a solution. Thanks, Ralph.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Give me a moment I will check on this for you.

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

1023A

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/briggs-and-stratton/engines-vertical-engine-with-electric-starter/303777-1145-e1-briggs-stratton-engine-electric-starter/cylinder-head-valves-gasket-set-valve/

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You will want Briggs part number 691558 which is a replacement valve cover with vacuum port to operate a fuel pump. You would also need to purchase a 808656 fuel pump if you don't already have one along with some 1/4" fuel line in order to hook everything up. Or you could install an electric fuel pump on the machine. Electric pump can be sourced from your local automotive parts store, you just need to insure that it is adjustable down to 3 - 4 psi so that you don't over fuel the carburetor.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you it has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.