JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a GP7500E portable Generac generator and looking

Customer Question

I have a GP7500E portable Generac generator and looking for a battery charger and/or booster cable that plugs into an electrical outlet.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

How often is your machine run? The generator has a battery charge circuit on it but it only works when you actually are pulling voltage on the genset. I included that just to say that starting and running the generator without anything plugged into it and operating will not charge the battery as most people think. If you are looking for a separate charger I have used the battery minder 0.75 amp trickle charger in these applications which works really well. You can purchase the battery minder at just about any automotive parts store, farm supply store, or online. I have seen these cost anywhere from $19.95 - $27.95 depending on place of purchase.