How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Briggs-Fan Your Own Question
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Category: Small Engine
Satisfied Customers: 1256
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
Type Your Small Engine Question Here...
Briggs-Fan is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Curtis, I have a Briggs & Stratton 21Hp Twin Cyl. I need to

Customer Question

Hi Curtis, I have a Briggs & Stratton 21Hp Twin Cyl. I need to replace the push rods and am looking for the proper gap set.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand the set gap is ATDC - 1/4". Is this correct?
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. When setting the valves you bring the engine to TDC , some techs say 1/4" past TDC then set your valve gaps

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Intake and exhaust valves should both be set to .004 - .006