Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a GP17500E. I am unable to get spark with brand new

Customer Question

I have a GP17500E. I am unable to get spark with brand new spark plugs. I used one of your guides previous posted and found when I unhook the 18 gauge ground I have spark. then unhooked the number 86 wire to low oil sensor and didn't have spark. Now lost two hours talking to various generac people and no one can assist me with trouble shooting further. You reference the SSR and checking that. No one has a diagram or schematic to help me locate or test that. Also what else needs to be checked after that
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

I am not sure which ground you are disconnecting, possibly a safety ground and thus safety no longer preventing spark such as a oil sensor however these safety circuits will usually still allow spark until you release the switch to which it will then stall and only run so long as you hold the switch.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still need help. What other info do you need. Gave model already. I know it's in control box. Do you have schematic so I can figure out which relay is bad?? Or another idea to trouble shoot.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Have you already checked oil switch and when holding start (engine running) checked the breaker for ac voltage?

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tested the oil switch it's fine. It will not run but I will test breaker while trying to start the motor. I have a generac 17500. If you google my generac 17500 has no spark. I followed the steps posted from this website. As far as I have got. Determined oil switch is fine. Still stuck what to do next. I have 3 jobs and generator is part of my third business which I manage mostly. Please continue to help so I can get this machine fixed. Thank you.