JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a deere 210 I cleaned the carb and changed the fuel

Customer Question

hi,
I have a john deere 210 I cleaned the carb and changed the fuel line. it starts but only will idle if you try to throttle it up it just shuts off
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What engine do you have on this machine? What carburetor does it have? Does the carburetor have adjustments and where are the adjustments set at?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
john, i have a kohler 10hp k301aqs carb assembly number is ***** carb settings low speed is 2-1/2 turns out ,high speed is 2 turns out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i have a john deere 212 not a 210
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

So this is a Kohler carburetor with adjustments. The adjustment in the top center of the carburetor should be at about 2 1/2 turns out from snug. The adjustment on the side should be at about 1 turn out from snug. Try this and see what happens.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.