Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Kohler ch25 motor. It started blowing oil out of

Customer Question

I have a Kohler ch25 motor. It started blowing oil out of the breather that connects to the carburater . The rings have been replaced. The engine is now running cooler and has more power. After 5 hours running the oil color is like new. The only problem is it is still blowing oil out of the breather about half of all the sumps contents in 5 hours. How do I fix this problem.
Regards ***** *****
New Zealand
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Oil from breather tube can be the inner breather pad deteriorated. Did you remove the breather cover and clean and check the breather pad? If breather is good, then the oil blowing out, is from high crankcase pressure, or the oil is thinned from gas intrusion. High crankcase pressure is caused by leaking rings or worn valve stems. Or plugged exhaust. Fuel in the oil would be a leaking needle valve in the carburetor, or bad fuel pump, though I doubt that fuel pump would do this on this engine, as it should be a pulse pump.