Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Briggs 22hp engine that came from Deere D110. It's

Customer Question

I have a Briggs 22hp engine that came from John Deere D110. It's installed in a John Deer 155C. I recently changed starter solenoid - I used the part from the original model of the mower.
May be a coincidence, but now the mower blades will not engage when I pull the switch. The solenoid was made the same way except one was horizontal and the other was vertical.
Any ideas on what I should do? All connections were made properly and all wires on are on snug.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Starter solenoid will not affect the electric clutch. Check the wires to the clutch, the pto switch and the relay # ***** in diagram, which the pto which closes ,to power the clutch.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/PU01/PU01495________UN20FEB09.gif