Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

Generac 7550/13500 no power

Customer Question

Generac 7550/13500 no power
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Guess you people do not know much about electric generators and unable to answer without asking somebody else. Please retract my request for assistance and not charge my card. I will figure it out on my own. Dan
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Joe
Thanks for the offer but as I stated I would go it on my own. Now FYI what I did to get it to produce power. Replaced AVR (automatic voltage regulator) still no power so I flashed the rotor with 12 volt battery ( disconnect wires from brushes attach wires via alligator clips start engine touch wires to battery 5 seconds shut down reconnect brush wires) this put residual magnetic field back in rotor and unit started producing power again! Your assistance is no longer needed but thank you for offering.
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Dan,

No problem at all, I just wanted to be sure there wasn't anything else you would like help with.

Have a good afternoon,

- Joe

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHY DID YOU CHARGE ME $13.00 FOR A NO ANSWER FROM YOU? The deal was if the answer helped with problem I would pay! I did not get a soloution to the problem at all from you. I got give me more money to help and I declined. I expect my card to be credited back the $13.00! I paid the deposit for $5.00 and feel that really should get it back also. Would be better if nobody knows the answer to questions to decline trying if answer is "I do not know". Dan *******