JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Troy-Built Pony riding mower and when I go to

Customer Question

I have a Troy-Built Pony riding mower and when I go to engage the parking brake, it begins, but then slips, allowing the brake pedal to slip forward again. Any ideas how to adjust the parking brake lever so that it no longer slips?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the model and serial number of your machine so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yikes, I don't have the serial number at my finger tips, but it is a TB Pony lawn tractor that was purchased in 2005. 18.5 HP.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Let me see what I can do for you with that information.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

On your machine the parking brake linkage is part of the speed control lever. At the bottom of this linkage(ref 48) is an adjustable fitting, you can remove the cotter pin(ref 11) that holds it into the brake assembly and adjust the linkage so that it will stay locked into place. I have included a diagram of the linkage so that you have a better idea as to what you are looking for.