Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a Craftsman YS4500 riding mower and the brakes appear

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman YS4500 riding mower and the brakes appear to be stuck. The transmission appears to be engaging and trying to move the mower forward or reverse but the brakes are stopping it. This happened a year ago and I sprayed WD-40 on the mechanism near the rear axle that was connected to the brake cable. That helped a bit and I was able to mow but it still seemed like the brakes were grabbing. I haven't mowed with it since then.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Right idea! But try loosing the two bolts that hold the brake caliper, then use the oil and free it up, then retighten the bolts!