JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a 23 hp over head valve Koehler lawn tractor that is

Customer Question

I have a 23 hp over head valve Koehler lawn tractor that is about 2.5 yrs old. First started running rough after about 30-40 minutes of use, while mowing deck engaged. Ran so bad I had to stop. Thought it might be fuel filter so I changed it...nope not that. Checked spark plugs...nope not that. Put gas dry in tank thinking maybe water got in or got bad gas...no not that either. Checked fuses, cable connections, battery etc. Engine will start after being cooled down but will only last about 30-40 minutes of cutting time before running rough...also cleaned air filter but it really was not dirty. Any ideas???
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does the engine seem to run good with good power when it is running for the 30-40 minutes?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Does it seem to matter how much fuel is in the tank as to how long it runs for before it starts acting up?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

What happens if you pull the choke out a little bit when it starts to act up?