JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Our power is out. My homelite generator cranked up fine.

Customer Question

Our power is out. My homelite generator cranked up fine. Can't get any electrical power. Have pushed the circuit breaker reset buttons. Right now have an electric lamp on top of it which it won't power.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Has it been a while since this machine was run? You may need to excite the system in order to get it operational after sitting for any length of time.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You can do this with an electric drill(preferably non-reversible). Plug the drill into the generator, start the generator and with it running pull the trigger on the drill as if you were going to use it and turn it on, spin the drill chuck as quickly as you can backwards, be careful because if this works the drill is going to start turning on its own and you don't want to get you hand caught. It may take more than one attempt at this for it to work but it does work if the machine has been sitting for a while and not used.