Vince O.
Vince O., Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Over 30 years experience repairing lawn and garden equipment. Chainsaws, mowers,blowers and trimmers
32407143

We are trying to find a wiring diagram 2004 jd buck 500 ex.

Customer Question

We are trying to find a wiring diagram for the 2004 jd buck 500 ex. It will not shift gears and not sure if it's an electrical or what.
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
further information for you: the quad is stuck in first gear. Is this helpful to you for advising us what's wrong?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't change gears either in automatic or manual.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I have some info on a Trail Buck 500. I'm not sure if yours is the same.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Vince: Can't tell if its the correct manual either as it is just a picture of the first page. Our ATV is a 2004 JD Buck EX 500 4x4 5 speed. Model MOFKTA 5020 164. It is stuck in first gear and will not shift to any other gear either manual - or automatic. Do you have any suggestions? Do you think that if the problem is electrical then shouldn't it shift manually? At a loss here and looking forward to your advice.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

I didn't see any info in the manual I have about the shifter and for trouble shooting it. The manuals may be different too. I don't think I can be of any help to you and will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! We appreciate your time and your help and will await word from the new Technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could find us a copy of the wiring schematic, that would be helpful.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

I'll send a link to what I have so you can download and look it over. Once again I'm not sure if they are the same and was unable to find schematic for your exact model. http://1drv.ms/1NNX4Oo

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the Manual but as you said, it was not helpful. I need information on the gear shifting module located on the handlebar. When the gears automatically upshift or downshift, each change lights up on the speedometer so they must be related somehow. I understand that this JD Buck 500 EX ATV was manufactured by Bombardier and maybe that is why these parts of the ATV are not mentioned in the 312 page Technical Manual. Maybe Bombardier would have, at the very least, a picture of it showing the internal wiring and/or fuses etc etc. Or maybe its a computer related problem - if there is a computer involved. Would appreciate your comments and any advice you have on where to look further. Thanks in advance.
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

I found some Bombardier shop manuals.Do you know what model is similar to your JD?