Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a Gas powered pressure washer and I just replaced the

Customer Question

I have a Gas powered pressure washer and I just replaced the pump because It was surging when Ipulled the trigger on the wand. Could it be the carb.?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still surging after the pump was replaced.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Many times if your engine is surging, this is an indication that your carburetor is starving for fuel. You will need to remove your carburetor, and give it a really good cleaning, or replace it.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If you choose to clean and rebuild your carburetor, it will be great if you will soak your carburetor, prior to cleaning it. Use a small wire to clean the small jets and fuel passages inside your carburetor.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Engine runs great until I pull the trigger on my wand for the pressure washer. It bogs down and the pressure is high and low, Not consitant pressure. Cleaned the carb and replaced the pump. Does this model have a clutch that may be slipping?
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

I need to confirm something. Is your engine surging, or your water pressure surging?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems that the pressure coming out of the wand goes high and low. The water pressure is fine from the faucet and the pump is brand new. I made sure all the air was out of the line.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for this information. I was thinking that your engine was surging. I am not very familiar with your pump and the pressure requirements for your pressure washer. I do apologize. If you like, I can opt out, and give another expert, who is familiar with your type of problem, an opportunity to assist you.