Joe
Joe, Marine Mechanic
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a Chicago electric generator Trying to run 2 campers

Customer Question

I have a Chicago electric generator Trying to run 2 campers When I plug the first one in there is no problem. When I plug the second one in the voltage jumps up to 140 volts in the light sockets
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with both campers plugged in. When I turn on a microwave in one the power goes up to 140 volts in the other camper. Why?
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for usingjustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with yourconcern today.

I would need to know the exact model, you may have one plug that is simply putting out more voltage than it should or the system is overloaded and trying to compensate.

I am just seeing if youstill need assistance with this problem? The reason I ask is because I see thatyour question has not been answered sooner and I wanted to make sure if youstill needed help.

In some cases a questionmay sit due to several different things including the amount of thedeposit/question value, time it was asked, the complexity of the question,number of experts that can help you at a certain time, lack of detailed infoand so on. My objective that I wish is to make sure that if you still need helpthat I can at the very least reach out to you and attempt to help you. I maynot have exactly the experience to deal with a certain problem but instead ofyou not receiving any answer at all I would at least like to reach out andattempt to help you.

At this time please feelfree when you are ready to reply back to me and ask to continue working withme, another expert or if you no longer need help please just let me knowexactly what you wish to do.

Thanks,

Joe