JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a rigid pressure washer that wasn't starting. It

Customer Question

I have a rigid pressure washer that wasn't starting. It worked great last time I ran it. I took out the plug and tried to see if it was getting spark and saw nothing.its a suburu engine. I sanded down the plug . I smell fuel when it's choked so the fuel is flowing but the plug didn't seem wet . Could it be a faulty on/off switch?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

HI, my name is***** will be assisting you.

The easiest way to identify your problem will be to unplug the ground wire that is going to the ignition coil and see if the engine will fire to the plug then. If it doesn't then the coil is bad, if it does then there is a problem with the wiring or the switch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok where is that located?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You will need to remove the pull start housing from the engine, the ignition coil will be mounted right beside the flywheel, there is a small wire that plugs onto it that you can unplug then try and see if you have spark or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good I will do that tomorrow morning and let you know.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Let me know what you find, if you still need assistance we can continue our conversation here.