JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Purchased an assumbled Countyline 35 ton log splitter with a

Customer Question

Purchased an assumbled Countyline 35 ton log splitter with a Kohler CH395 engine from a local Tractor Supply Co this past Saturday 8/15/15. Havent' put gas in it yet or tried to start it. Noticed the choke lever is stuck to the right in the off position. Doesn't want to move to the left and concerned if I horse it too much being only plastic it will break or snap off.
Remove the air filter base and carburetor shroud to see what's keeping the lever from moving?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you tell me if the machine had fuel in it when you purchased it? If it has been sitting for a while the choke shaft could be stuck. Had the machine been stored outside prior to you purchasing it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John, The fuel tank was empty and yes, looked like it was stored outside. Thanks, Dan
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

The first thing that I would do is spray some lubricant on the shaft, although it is plastic if the machine was sitting outside very long it may have oxidized and the choke it stuck. Removing the air filter base is not really going to gain you anything other than you can get to the lower part of the choke shaft lubricate it as well. The machine does have a two year warranty on the engine so if it does break off you can have it repaired under the warranty. You would just need to get in touch with a Kohler authorized repair center in your area, provide them with the purchase receipt and explain to them what happened.