Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a food truck and i am looking into buying a new

Customer Question

I have a food truck and i am looking into buying a new generator. My food truck can run easy off of 5500 watts right now.
i have an onan marquis 7000 right now but the voltage regulator keeps blowing for some reason. Would there be a reason for the voltage regulator to keep blowing?
I am How does the Cummins Onan QG 5500 - 5500 Watt Evap Commercial Mobile Generator compare to other generators out there?
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
There are several things that will cause a VR to blow like that - bad brushes/slip rings create high resistance in the field windings, a bad quad winding in the stator can cause a VR to put out too much field voltage, loose wire/dirty connections can create high resistance.
You didn't specify what model your 7,000 is. If it is an NHM series, I would definitely rate it higher than the HGJ series (what you call QG). The NHM is much easier to troubleshoot, and to me is a more reliable unit.
.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Was this what you wanted to know?
.
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Was this what you wanted to know?