Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

How do you replace a broken front axel on artic cat 700 4x4x

Customer Question

how do you replace a broken front axel on artic cat 700 4x4x
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://pdn1.vnexttech.com/arc/v2/utv/2009/u2009p2t4eusr/front_suspension_assembly/assembly_files/10/1_0.png

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Remove the wheel , then the brake assembly, which will allow the hub to be removed. Then the a frame can be removed and slid off, or you can take the upper ball joint off and shock, and let the hub slip over the axle shaft. Then the CV axle just pops out of the transmission end. The axle is held with a snap ring that has to be popped out. Takes a good quick, sharp jerk to free it. New shaft just pops back in. I'm sure there are some steps I missed, but that should do it.