Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Troy Bilt - Bronco, (about 6 years old) moves forward poorly

Customer Question

Troy Bilt - Bronco, (about 6 years old) moves forward poorly and worse if on any type of a hill. Seems to work fine in reverse. If I shift into reverse and back to forward works fine for a few feet (maybe 8-10) and then begins to slow down again. Also seems to work poorer the longer I use it. Large yard about 2 acres, starts out okay and by end to yard won't hardly move on any slight inclines. Does the drive belt stretch over time or is there an adjustment on pedal?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! The drive belt and the spring that keeps it tight an cause slipping and poor drive. There s no adjustment, just the spring to keep it tight. I would replace the belt before doing anything else!