Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I cannot find the location of where the pig tail on the

Customer Question

I cannot find the location of where the pig tail on the electric clutch connects to the main electrical wire harness on my Husqvarna lawn tractor yth1848xp. I would appreciate your help. my email address is:***@******.***
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Red and black wire come directly from the pto switch to the clutch, They go in the main wiring harness and go under the tractors front end, If wires were ripped out, you may have to open the harness up to locate the ends! I can't find an illustration that shows the exact location.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer did not help me. I have found the pig tail from the clutch and see the plug in at the end of th pig tail but cannot find where and what it plugs into.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Plug is likely ripped off, and you will have to find the red ad black wires to hook it up in the harness.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do expect to find the red and black wires ? I have looked and cannot find where the main trunk is in the area close to the clutch.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Run two new wires from switch to clutch.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed a red and black wire
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you find location?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I followed a red and black wire to find to find the plug in at the end. Problem solved! Thank you.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Good job!