Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a possible bent spindle on a RCK54GR mower deck,

Customer Question

I have a possible bent spindle on a RCK54GR mower deck, driver is a GR2110 tractor. When mower is on ground, left blade clears deck, when mowing or raising deck blade hits deck interior. Checked blade alignment when reinstalling blades after sharpening, and when rotating blades noticed ends of blades are at different heights, (made a mark on deck interior to check this.) Tried to remove spindle assembly from deck but unable to secure spindle to loosen nut on top of spindle. Pulley has two holes 3.25 o/c on either side of spindle nut. Are these for a spanner wrench to hold spindle to loosen nut. How to remove spindle assembly from deck, and replace spindle and inspect housing. Also are whole spindle assemblies available, local dealer only sells individual parts. Thank you.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Best tool to use on the top nut is impact wrench! An electric one used for tires is excellent for this. But the holes in the pulley are there for using a puller if the pulley is too tight to slip off, not for a spanner, though I suppose you could use one. Kubota does not sell complete spindle units! Next best way to loosen the nut ,would be to block the blade and use socket on the top nut.