Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Electric ex go batteries dead or won't charge. Batteries

Customer Question

Electric ex go batteries dead or won't charge. Batteries only a year old. Do I just add water to the batteries?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Do you have a voltmeter to test batty system? Could the batteries be dead from lack of use? or have you been using the cart?If you have been using the cat, you can have a bad cable or connection and the charger is not getting enough voltage to start the charge cycle. It has to see battery voltage around 30 volts before the internal relay closes and starts to charge. If cart has been idle and batteries dead, use an automotive charger to charge batteries one or two at a time. 36 volt or 48 volt?