Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I keep blowing my small 30amp breaker when mowing, and now

Customer Question

I keep blowing my small 30amp breaker when mowing, and now my pto is not kicking in? I have a Lt 1800 dixie chopper
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

When you say breaker are you referring to the fuse? What engine do you have on this machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry fuse, Its a Kohler command pro 18hp
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Take a good look at the voltage regulator mounting, make sure that it is grounded good. There is normally a grounding wire or strap that is attached to the regulator and one screw into the blower housing mount. If the regulator is not grounded you will blow fuses and you will not charge the battery, once the battery goes below seven(7) volts the electric clutch will no longer operate.