Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Where can I find cylinder assembly ( complete ) troy built

Customer Question

where can I find cylinder assembly ( complete ) for a troy built supper tomahawk chipper/ shredder??
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Can you provide the type number from the engine? Are you looking for the cylinder block only or a short block? I will see what I can find for you once you provide the type number.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the part I'm looking for is for a Troy Built Tomahawk chipper / shredder, 8hp, serial # ***** model # ***** part # ***** cylinder assembly ( this consists of ... roll pins, spacers, cylinders, cylinder hammers, spacers long & short, chipper blade, outer sleeve long & short, flat head screws, and locknuts ) this is 51 parts all together.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry ,,, correction on the part #(###) ###-####
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry, I have scoured the internet looking for someone that might have this part. This part was discontinued several years age by Troybilt. Troybilt had filed for bankruptcy and Murray bought out that part of the company, since then Murray has filed for bankruptcy and Briggs and Stratton bought them. I have searched all over the parts network that I have but can't find anyone that has this part available. I did find several other people trying to find this same part on craigslist. This will be a really tough one to find it looks like. Your only hope would be that some dealer might have one on their shelf that has been there for a good while but it doesn't look very good at this time. I am going to opt out of your question and maybe one of the other experts can assist you, they may have other contacts that they can check with. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I have not been contacted by another technician yet (8/12/15 to 8/15/15 ). Your help was of no use to me. I was able to find the troybilt parts on my own. I feel the money I paid was wasted on your service.