Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a classic 300 lincon welding machine with a perkins

Customer Question

I have a classic 300 lincon welding machine with a perkins that turns over but won't start
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Engine kills when switch is turned off I assume. No kill cable to kill engine. If so, it has an electric fuel shutoff solenoid on the injection pump. It has to open the fuel passage as soon as the switch is turned on. Has to have 12 volts to operate. Is this solenoid opening? If it is, do you have fuel spraying from injectors if you loosen a high pressure line at the cylinder head when cranking? No fuel spraying would mean the injection pump is not opening the fuel passage. I jumped over the bleeding process, assuming that you have fuel to the injection pump.