JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

Installing the cutting head on a Tanaka TCG22EAS (SLP) -

Customer Question

Installing the cutting head on a Tanaka TCG22EAS (SLP) - where is the mounting screw - seems one not supplied - directions and illustration state to insert allen wrench into hole of gear case but what is it supposed to engage to to attach the cutting head?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

There is a hole in the washer that goes just above the cutter head, you will want to put something through this hole which will lock the shaft so that it can't spin while you are threading the head onto the end of the shaft. I normally used the allen wrench that comes with the machine, it fits nicely into the hole and will work great for doing that. The cutter head is left hand thread on this machine so you will want to spin it to the left or counter clockwise in order to install it.

Thank you, ***** ***** been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.