Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

My Toro self-propelled lawn mower with a briggs & Stratton

Customer Question

My Toro self-propelled lawn mower with a briggs & Stratton engine is blowing white smoke. I changed the oil, but it is still emitting white smoke. Not sure what to do.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. , let's check a few things that could cause this , is the oil level over the full line on the stick ? , if not , see if the oil is thin or smells like gasoline

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi have you made any progress on your mower
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Oil is leaking into the filter and dripping out onto the mower base and there is a lot of white smoke. I was able to mow a few rows before it started smoking.
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok can you check a few things , first let's make sure the oil does not smell like gas. Then the other thing is make sure the oil isn't above the full line on the stick. It sounds like if oil is on the air filter it's getting past the rings and into the intake valve and air filter