Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

Deere 345 Lawn Tractor--Won't start

Customer Question

John Deere 345 Lawn Tractor--Won't start
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! 12.3 volts is low. What does the battery voltage show when key is turned to start? If voltage drops down below 8 volts, the battery is bad or dead.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It measures 12.4V at the moment, and when I turn the key to start is STILL measures 12.4V volts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any further assistance?
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.
Seat switch good? Do you have voltage to the keyswitch? The power for the dash comes through the fuse to the circuit board. Do you have battery voltage after the fuse holder?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure how to measure the seat switch voltage or on/after the fuse circuit board. However the dash lights light up when they key is in the "on" position...no noises at all when I turn key to "start" position. Both fuses test as continuous/good, but the headlights don't turn on if that provides a clue. I really don't care that the headlights don't work. Just need it to turn over and start.
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP19/MP19147________UN25AUG98.gif

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Is neutral switch circuit closed for start?

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

two purple wires to switch.