Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

On my fast track 52 inch cut when I get ready to pull levels

Customer Question

on my fast track hustler 52 inch cut when I get ready to pull levels back bring off trailer it shuts off I changed switche on level and seat what should I do to fix this problem?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does it shut off as soon as you move your drive levers? Only going backwards? Does it do the same thing if you try to go forward?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When bring them together from the out position it them begin to shut off.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

You have the parking brake released when doing this? As long as the brake is released the only other thing that would cause this problem is the seat safety switch is not recognizing that you are present so it is killing the engine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed seat switched also and it's still shutting off.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It dies as soon as you pull the levers in which tells me that something in the safety system is not functioning properly. Did you purchase the new seat switch from a dealer? Is it possible that they sold you the wrong switch? Some of these switches are normally open and some are normally closed. Try moving the levers without being in the seat and see what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did that also and it shut off and did bought the switched from the dealership.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Maybe the parking brake switch is not working correctly. How many wires come into the connector on the brake switch? If only two wires put a jumper in them and see what happens. You might even just unplug it from the switch and see if it makes a difference.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Can you provide the model and serial number from the frame of the machine so that I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Choo k
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Have you had any other repairs done on this machine just prior to this beginning to happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model 926501 ser. 05021559
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Okay, under the ignition switch, throttle control panel there are two relays, one is for the starting system the other is a kill relay. Try swapping those around and see what happens.