Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

I have a S1642 riding mower. The mower motor started good a

Customer Question

I have a Scott S1642 riding mower. The mower motor started good a week ago.I rebuilt the auto transmission & reinstalled it. The battery was bad so I jumped it off with another battery. I could hear the solenoid click, but no turn over. No switches were touched. Could it be the starter, bad connection while jumping( the jumper cable did get warm)?What do you recommend ? I'm retired & trying to help my Soninlaw with his mower. Thanks
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. A single click of the solenoid is a sign the solenoid is bad , you can try jumping it off the starter or locate the solenoid and cross the post on it which will turn the engine over. If crossing the post turns the engine over and it runs fine you know it's the solenoid and will need to be replaced

Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Hi have you made any progress on your riding mower ?