Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

Troy bilt xp mustang42cut riding mower need a ignition

Customer Question

troy bilt xp mustang42cut riding mower need a ignition module
Category: Small Engine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it a troy bilt mustangxp 42 cut riding moweri was told by a mechanic online from troy bilt that I needed a ignition module because it starts right of the bat but when I let the key go it stops please help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what service offer do you want to proceed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will you be able to help me tonight or when can get an answer,please help me tks you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean by add files
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Thank you for waiting. I do apologize for the delay in responding to you.
If your engine stops after you let your key go, then your ignition switch is very likely going to be our problem. I do believe your ignition module is okay, and is not the problem.
If you replace your ignition switch, this should resolve our problem. The part numbers for your ignition switch are 925-04228. You can purchase a new ignition switch from your local small engine repair shop, or online.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!