Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a major leak form my mower. I changed the oil an it

Customer Question

I have a major leak form my mower. I changed the oil an it still leaks. The leak is not from the drain plug. Could it be the oil seal? How do I handle this problem?.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question.
Now that you have confirmed that your oil is not leaking from your drain plug, it is likely that your oil is either leaking from the oil seal in your sump, or from your sump / oil pan gasket. It will be great if you can clean your engine thoroughly with some de-greaser. This will help to pinpoint the exact location of your leak.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
If your oil seal is the actual source of your leak, it can be replaced without dis-assembling your engine. After you remove your blade, and your pulley from your crankshaft, you can use a screwdriver to carefully pry out your existing oil seal. Your new oil seal can be easily pressed in.
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.
Also, let's check to see if the oil is leaking from your breather hose. We can continue from here. Thanks!