Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a wheeled trimer model no. 917.773743. I need to take

Customer Question

I have a wheeled weed trimer model no.###-##-#### ***** need to take the carrier plate assembly part no.180338 off the shaft to be replace. what is the proceedure?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Once you have removed the bolt in the center of the assembly and the mow ball you should be able to pull the carrier plate assembly off of the shaft.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it will not pull off
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

There is nothing else that holds it on other than maybe some rust if it has been on there for a while and never removed. You may end up having to use a gear or wheel puller in order to get the carrier plate off of the shaft. Be careful to not damage the end of the shaft. In order to prevent damage to the end of the shaft it is a good idea to put the bolt back in it and use the head of the bolt as a push point for your puller. These can be very hard to remove if they have never been off before. When reassembling I would recommend some anti-seize compound or grease on the shaft which will help to make it easier to remove in the future if you need to take it off again.