Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a brand new RTV1140cpx. I mean it only has less than

Customer Question

Hello I have a brand new RTV1140cpx. I mean it only has less than 25 hours. my issue is it seems to slow to almost a stop when climbing. The steeper the grade the more pronounced it seems to be. Also it also seems a bit slow with its responsiveness compared to my rtv 900 that has only 100 hrs. Any ideas
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Does the engine seem to have good power when this is happening? How old is the machine? Could it still be under the manufacturers warranty?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Have you had this problem ever since you first received the machine from the dealer or did it just start happening? It could be air in the fuel line, you may need to bleed the fuel system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The motor has full power but the pedal is bottomed out
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Is the transmission full of fluid, if it is low this would cause hesitation and poor performance? The transmission filter could be stopped up, I know that you said it is a new machine but what if there were some impurities left inside the transmission during assembly that have now got into the filter and creating a blockage not allowing fluid to flow as it needs to which would cause performance problems.