Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

I have a husqvarna yth24v48ls if I put jumper cables on

Customer Question

I have a husqvarna yth24v48ls if I put jumper cables on it'll start other times I have to use a jump wire fit the ignition sylonoide and other times it will fire right up no problems. Also today I was mowing my grass the pto disengaged by itself and will not engage now
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to get you the answer you need to your question. I will give you a list of things to check along your start circuit. Keep in mind that your start circuit begins at your ignition switch (S) Terminal. See wiring schematic I attached for you.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a 12 volt test light, or another way to check voltage?

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

There is a white wire coming out of the wiring connector that attaches to your ignition switch. Your start circuit begins at your ignition switch, and flows through this wire. When you turn your key to start position, your white wire should have 12 volts.

This voltage flows in and out of your PTO Switch ( Switch Must Be Off) first, then in and out of your Brake Safety Switch (Brake Must Be Depressed), then to the spade terminal on your solenoid. If there is an open circuit, or faulty safety switch, anywhere along this path, your solenoid will not be energized when you turn your key to start position.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

If you remove the white wire from your solenoid, and it have 12 volts in start position, then check the black wire that attaches to your solenoid. This is your ground wire. Your solenoid must have a good ground, in order to work properly. Check for loose connections. Also, check the condition of your battery.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

Remember to begin your testing, by first checking your white wire, right where it comes out of your ignition switch wiring connector. This will tell us whether or not your ignition switch is at fault. All test must be performed with your ignition switch in start position.

Expert:  Donald replied 1 year ago.

We can continue from here. Thanks!