Briggs-Fan
Briggs-Fan, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  over 15 years experience in small engine repair, multiple certifications
75998144

Modelwont start with ingnitaion switch checked seat brake

Customer Question

Model###-##-####wont start with ingnitaion switch checked seat brake clutch and pto switch all check good is there a deck switch
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answer. Does it make a single click when you turn the key ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.

Are you getting lights? , dash lights etc ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No power fr key switch to solenoid have power to keyswitch fr battery can start tractor when jump across solenoid
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
There's a blade fuse in there near the solenoid , it's a 20 amp I think . That could of blown . When it does it does nothing
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
If you cross the post on the solenoid and it starts it may be a bad solenoid, sometimes they click when they are bad but not always . I'd check the blade fuse then try crossing the post. If you cross the post and it stays running then to know it's the solenoid not delivering power to the starter , because a safety switch would not allow it to start at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a new soleniod I checked grd fr solenoid hold dwn post to frame it shows grnd
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked the fuse ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
previously
Expert:  Briggs-Fan replied 1 year ago.
Ok , have you tried crossing the post on the solenoid to see if that fires it up ?