AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical,
53189252

Chamberlain 1/2 hp chain...doors top 2 panels do not mesh.It

Customer Question

Chamberlain 1/2 hp chain...doors top 2 panels do not mesh.It just started.It appears it is closing to far.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  AssuredElectrical replied 1 year ago.

Welcome. My name is ***** ***** would be glad to assist.

Can you provide additional details on the situation?

Is this a sectional wood door or metal?

When you say, closes too far, what exactly is happening?

Any other issues taking place?

Let me know and we can continue,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is metal. The top 2 panels do mesh.....They invert is the best way I can put it to the inside of the garage.When I watch from the inside the arm that is attatched to the door when it closes looks to go to far foward....If it stopped even with the door it would be ok but it goes a little past it. Thanks, Harry

Ok, thanks for the details Harry.

It appears that the close limit is overshooting on the situation and therefore putting too much pressure on the door itself which do many things to the alignment.

I do not have the actual Model of your opener, but let me give you the details of what to do and if problems finding the adjustment, then post back the Model and I can get the exact location on your unit.

Look on the opener, and you will find 2 screws which are labeled LIMIT.

And 2 screws labeled Force.

You only want the LIMIT at this time, CLOSE LIMIT to be exact.

Using a screwdriver, turn the screw ONLY a screwdriver blade width Counter Clockwise

Then try the door.

If more is needed, turn ONLY one more screwdriver width CCW and try the door again.

The reason for such small increments is because it is very easy to overshoot and have to go back the other direction.

Making only a screwdriver width increment, it may take several times, but you will be exactly where you want the door when finished without overshoot.

Make the adjustments, but do not go over 1/4 turn total on that screw.

There may be other issues involved, if the first few adjustments do not rectify the problem.

Keep me posted,

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for taking so long...daughter got married this weekend no time lately to fix door...my model is HD400DM....on the side it says down up with increase travel printed below them....on back open force and close force...thanks, Harry

Ok,

thanks, ***** ***** problem on timing,

Please follow the previously posted information on the adjustment needed.