Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I HAVE A 1998 CRAFTSMAN RIDING MOWER. 25 HP OHV INTEK TURBO

Customer Question

HELLO I AM DAN I HAVE A 1998 CRAFTSMAN RIDING MOWER. 25 HP OHV INTEK TURBO COOLED .IT STARTED POPING BACK FIRING OFF AND ON HARD TO START WENT ON FOR THREE WEEKS AND QUIT.FUEL PUMP WAS REPLACED 1ST OF THE YEAR.WHEN YOU CRANK IT . IT WILL PUMP FUEL .FLOAT BOWL IS FULL OF FUEL.CARB WAS CLEAND A YEAR AGO AND I STILL VERY CLEAN .THAT VALVE IN FLOAT BOWL ANTIBAKFIRE VALVE WHAT EVER U CALL IT IS OPENING AND CLOSING JETS AND PASSAGES A CLEAN FIRING GOOD 150 PSI ON COMPRESSION STARTS WWHEN U POOR FUEL IN IT WILL NOT DRAFT FUEL FROM FLOAT BOWL . HELP
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I know you say the solenoid tests good, but can it be removed and the hole plugged for test? I see them test good, bit still does not open the main jet passage. Engine runs if you add fuel, so it has to be plugged main jet.