Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have recently started a engine that has not run in 25+

Customer Question

I have recently started a wood chipper engine that has not run in 25+ years. After two days of fiddling, it has roared to life, but seems to be running Way too fast and hot. It is barely past the "idle" and it is just roaring. I used 89 octane gasoline, just to give it an extra boost back to life. It now is ready to run away and it sounds a bit out-of-control.
Could it be an issue of not using leaded gasoline, or too high an octane? Any thoughts on this?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Vince O. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it could be a couple things. The throttle shaft could be gummed and not moving freely or the linkage could be installed wrong.