joeplow
joeplow, Technician
Experience:  Master Trans & Engine High-Tech
17290852

I bought a used 1986 36 foot Eldorado Motor Home. I can not

Customer Question

I bought a used 1986 36 foot Eldorado Motor Home. I can not find a receptical to plug in the Onan, how do I get the coach to use Onan power. Shore line works perfect.
Keith
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this I very easy look where your power cord comes out & inside you will see a plugin & you should have a very short power cord jus t plug it in & your done.....if you need the adapter cord just go to www.campingworld.com they will have it in stock for sure...Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Problem is there is no plugin where the power cord is. There is a 12 volt inverter. Every thing works fine on shore power. Could this be automatic switching. How do I measure to see if Generator is putting out. Onan runs fine but I cannot get 110 in the coach when onan is on????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there should be a plugin in the cable box but there is not. This is my 3rd RV.
Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.
ok,you got me on that one.....id call campingworld & have them fax or email you the location.....& you can talk to the service department & they will have it on computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can or where can I measure to see if the Gen is putting out?
Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.
ok just use a ohm meter at the main control box on the onan gen. itself.....power cord but it would be better if you call & find the location of the plug because you need it anyway mine is a 1985 & its inside the power cord box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Joe I was not going to rate you because you did not help at all. I do not think you even read my 1st question. It said there was no recepticale (plugin) in the cord box. It asked if there could be an automatic switch. This company went out of business in 1986. There is no one to ask. Your help was no help. Keith
Expert:  joeplow replied 1 year ago.
Sorry,my internet went out,from my co. as I was moving to new address./// That's why I said to call camping world.....as they have the system on computer