Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

My 13 year old Hus 55 Rancher has never given me a

Customer Question

My 13 year old Hus 55 Rancher has never given me a problem...ever. Until today. It has always started with 6 pulls or less. I used it earlier this week, decided to tune it up with a Husq tune up kit and now I can get no ignition. No spark. I removed the new plug, grounded it and no spark, It has a new plug, fuel filter and air cleaner. All wires look intact. I clean unit with an air gun, could I have disturbed something?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

What happens if you unplug the wire going to the on/off switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did...I think. It was a small wire connecting near the side and visible by the pulley. I pulled it off and replaced it. I removed the plug, gouneded it and pulled the pulley with the STOP switch in its normal running or ON position. No spark .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you saying the ON/OFF sqitch could be bad?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant switch.
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

That is what I was thinking. We need to eliminate it out of the equation so that we can know for sure. If you unplug the wire going to the switch you can tell if the switch is a problem.