Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a onan marquis gold 7000 model #7hgjab-900c and it

Customer Question

I have a onan marquis gold 7000 model #7hgjab-900c and it will shut off after about an hour of operating and will not start till it cools down. I have changed the oil, oil filter, fuel filter. remove the wire from the oil psi switch, and made sure the vent on the fuel tank is open as well as the cool box opening is clean and free for air flow. At a loss of what else to check please help. Bernard Donley
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Bernard, my name is***** will be assisting you.

This sounds like the ignition coil is going bad. It allows for the machine to run until it gets hot and then it quits firing to the spark plug. To easily check this you can run the machine up to the point that it quits and then check the spark coming to your plug.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just got your answer because I thougt it was coming to my e-mail address so now I needto check out the coil and get back to you thanks
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Check it out and let me know what you find.