Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a z225, deere. After about 30 minutes mowing the left

Customer Question

I have a z225, john deere. After about 30 minutes mowing the left side quits pulling and really growls when lever is engaged. Let it sit for 30 minutes and it will go again for a while.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Have you tried replaced the hydro filter to see if this makes any difference for you?

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Your hydro pumps have internal filters which can only be accessed by tearing the pump apart. It is likely based on your information that the filter in the left side is being plugged with shavings after a short time of running.

You may want to check the fluid level in the pump, the fluid should come to within 1" of the top of the housing. You can check this by removing the vent hose from the top rear of the pump. If you need to add fluid you should use 15W50 synthetic motor oil.

Have you noticed any leaks coming from the machine?