Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a 2005 snapper 250 Z, the blades stopped working

Customer Question

I have a 2005 snapper 250 Z, the blades stopped working while my wife was mowing. I assumed the belt feel off because it does occasionally. After inspection the electric clutch had a cut pair of wires and harness hanging from it. I reconnected the wires through the deck and the mower ran for a few seconds and stopped. Now the mower won't start. Does the clutch need to be replaced and did I blow a fuse?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! Need your model number to be sure, but the snapper looks to use a circuit breaker not a fuse. So it may start in the AM. As soon as the circuit breaker cools, it should reset. But you could have a short, causing the breaker to trip. Look at the clutch wires again and the wires associated to it, and look for bare or damaged wires that could cause a short. I doubt the clutch is damaged.