JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a Craftsman leaf blower. Model # is 316.794990. I got

Customer Question

I have a Craftsman leaf blower. Model # *****###-##-#### I got it at a yard sale. The fuel lines have dissolved no doubt due to leaving gas mixture in machine for many years. I notice three holes in a rubber grommet in the fuel tank. Am wondering where the three fuel lines connect to the carb.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Only two of the lines actually attach to the carburetor, the third one is a tank vent line which should have a check valve on the outside of the tank, this allows air to be sucked into the tank but nothing can come back out of the tank.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

One of the lines going to the carburetor will have a fuel filter on it down inside the tank, this line should attach to the straight fitting coming right out of the carburetor body. The second line only needs to go inside the tank about 1" and will attach to the second fitting on the carburetor which either comes out of the plastic primer base or will be a fitting that comes out of the carburetor body and turns down, this line is nothing more than a primer return which returns fuel to the tank when the primer is pushed.

It has been a pleasure to assist you.

Please take a moment to rate your experience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excellent answer. I couldn't find this info anywhere else. Thank you John Freeman
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** been a pleasure to assist you.