JohnF2015
JohnF2015, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Owner/Service Technician at S & J Small Engines
87465640

I have a NewHolland TZ25DA Compact Tractor. I have been

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a NewHolland TZ25DA Compact Tractor. I have been blowing 15 amp fuses from the lighting circuit and 25 amp fuses from the start and charging circuits.
These fuses blew while the tractor was in motion usually on a little rough terran I like to believe ,now it's progressed to the main 40 amp slow burn fuse. So I replaced all the spent fuses except the 40 amp slow burn I just replaced it with a 40 amp fuse.
when I turn the ignition switch to the first position I blew the 40 amp fuse and the safe start diode, also with the ignition off the 15 amp lighting circuit fuse blows, but I did not replace the safe start diode if that might have caused the 40 amp failure.
So I thought a lose wire or burnt wire was shorting out to ground. I then performed a continuity and inspection test on the electrical harness it seams the harness is ok.
Also I have checked the two light switches on the tractor and the ignition switch they also seam to be ok. But like I mentioned earlier this is when I realized that the diode was defective.
My question is it possible it could be the safety controller malfunctioning seeing everything goes through this unit?
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will try to assist you.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

It has been a little while since I ran into this but on the machine that I was working on it had a oil sending unit that was shorted to ground. It being shorted to ground was causing the fuses to blow. You may want to take a look at it. If it is shorted, you should be able to unhook it and operate the machine.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this problem?
If not please take a moment to rate your experience.