Hank F.
Hank F., Technician
Experience:  Certified on Onan and Generac generators
19372534

I have a generac 15kw Eco gen generator with automatic

Customer Question

I have a generac 15kw Eco gen generator with automatic transfer switch. My problem is the transfer switch does not tell the generator to run when the power is off. All connections are made the generator is in auto mode. Has plenty of battery power to crank will start and run in manual mode.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you with this.
What are the brand, model and serial numbers of the genset?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The transfer switch is a Generac,model number RTSY200A3 serial number is(###) ###-#### The generator is a Generac also the model number is(###) ###-#### ***** number is(###) ###-####both are 120/240 units
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.
The transfer switch does not tell the genset when to start or stop - the genset control does all that.
If the genset is not starting when the power goes out, you most likely have a problem in the control
This unit is still under warranty until April 15, 2018.
Antyhing you do inside the genset control area will void your warranty. You would also be responsible for the cost of any parts - and the controller is really expensive. You really need to contact an authorized Generac techinician to have this repaired under warranty.
If you need help finding an authorized technician, let me know your ZIP code.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My area code is 61853 and just to be clear then when the power goes out the genset tells the coil on the transfer switch to close and change to generator power?
Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

That is correct. The entire brain of the operation is the genset controller. It tells the transfer switch when to switch o genset,a and when to switch back to utilily.

There are 2 service providers within 15 miles of you.

MCCORMICK SERVICE DIVISION PO BOX 847
URBANA, IL 61803
USA

Distance: 11 Miles

***-***-****

and

MARK GARRELL ELECTRIC, INC.

*****2000 E
Rantoul, IL 61866
USA

Distance: 15 Miles

***-***-****

.

Expert:  Hank F. replied 1 year ago.

Was this what you wanted to know?

.