Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

I have a kohler 25 hp engine on my 2005 husqvarna lawn

Customer Question

I have a kohler 25 hp engine on my 2005 husqvarna lawn tractor in the past two mowing seasons the engine loses power after mowing for 20-30 mins the sound changes and there is an odor. if the tractor sits it will run fine for a period of time.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** will be assisting you.

When this is happening have you checked to see what kind of spark you are getting to the plugs? I am thinking that you have one of the two ignition coils that quit firing after it gets warm. The best way to check this is to run the machine until it starts acting up and do a spark test on both plugs. If you are not getting spark to both you have found your problem.

Expert:  JohnF2015 replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance with this?